: Wedding Anniversary :

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

:: Our Precious Evangeline ::

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Wonderful fellowship!

Yesterday, I brought J and her boyfriend to the bridal shop that I had engaged for my wedding two years ago and also to catch up on each other's life during lunch.

Amoy Street Food Centre is a must to go. This was my first time there and we were glad to be there early before lunch crowd. I was highly recommeded to try out the fish soup stall at second level but did not manage to try that as the queue was very long. Guessed must really queue up for about half an hour before I could get my food. Evangeline couldn't wait anymore as she was kicking to protest for food. Oh well, so I scurried off to another stall with a shorter queue for a plate of yummy Wan Tan noodles.

Hey hey hey, it was super duper delicious and value for money ($4). it's either $3 or $4 and I opted for the bigger one..no choice, double serving now leh. :) But I was dumbfounded. The noodles given was about two person servings, 6 fried wantans and a bowl of wan tan soup with further 12 non-fried wan tans in it. Eh, I couldn;t believe what I got for the price I was paying. I was not joking. It's true. Try it out if you ever have a chance..Seeing is believing.

After a full-filling lunch, we went to Flamingo Bridal to try out the gowns there. J was facinated by the wide choices of gowns she can choose from. She was totally clueless at the various cuts, empire cut, toga, halter, embrioderies, lace patch etc. In the end, she was so wearied after trying the gowns but at least have an idea what she wanted. Since Shirley, the designer and owner of the shop was not there, we make an appointment to meet her again on Sat. Hopefully, Shirley can come up with something unique for J.

Honestly speaking, I was very happy for J. It reminded me of my wedding day and how pretty I looked in those gowns. Those were the good old days. Now, I looked more like a bloated balloon. J, hope you like the gowns you have tried!

Yup, a great day of fellowship, but ended up with a night of painful leg cramps due to exhausted calves muscles after a long day of walking. Ah.....I am indeed getting super heavy for my poor legs to handle.

Current Mood: Weary but joyful

No comments: