: Wedding Anniversary :

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

:: Our Precious Evangeline ::

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 11, 2009

Introduction to Solid Food, Day 1: Nestle Rice Cereal

Today, I started Evan on her first stage of weaning. Rice cereal by Nestle was introduced. I am intending to purchase organic rice cereal either by Healthy Times or Happy Bellies for Evangeline. At the moment, I just try her out using the samples given by PD.

11 May - 1 teaspoon X rice cereal X 10ml of FM

The consistency of the cereal was a bit watery thus I may add lesser FM the next time round. Evan took it quite well and finished all the cereal. After which, I continued her milk feed of 150ml,drank 50ml and rejected the rest. She fussed and cried when I warmed up the milk again for her to drink 15 mins later. Guess she was cranky because she was sleepy. So I left her at her rocker and she fell in deep sleep immediately. I gave her the remaining 100ml of milk in her sleep and she finished them all.


Reflected on the whole process and realised that I may have to feed her a bit of milk (maybe 50ml), then rice cereal followed by the remaining 100ml of milk so as to enable her to know that milk is still her staple food for now.

Try again tomorrow and see how it goes. :)

Age: 5 Months, 3 weeks and 1 day old
Allergic reactions: None. She finished everything! :) God Bless Her!

Current Mood: Accomplished

No comments: