: Wedding Anniversary :

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

:: Our Precious Evangeline ::

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Books and more books

As a first time mum, I really have lots to learn. I came to appreciate my mum more, knowing the difficulties and contraints and challenges in bringing up a child. However, as the older generation has a different way of bringing up kids compared to now, I have to do some reading up to ensure that what I am doing is right for Evan. Like my mum will nag about introducing solid food to Evan when she was 4 months old and to start off with chinese porridge, this is totally unacceptable in Evan's case as my hubby and I have history of allergies. Therefore these are some areas we have to educate our parents or help them to understand better.

So far, the following books are very informative and helpful for me in my research. Hope those new mummies will find them helpful as well.

1) Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron ( A good reference book for parents or children with allergies)

2) Weaning by Sara Lewis

3) Weaning and coping with feeding problems by Naia Edwards

4) First Foods published by Marshall Cavendish

5) The First Complete Nutrition Guide For Asian Parents, Feed Your Child Right, published by Marshall Cavendish

6) Annabel Karmel's New Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner (My favourite :))

7) Annabel Karmel Top 100 Baby Purees (My Favourite)

Current Mood: Excited

No comments: