: Wedding Anniversary :

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

:: Our Precious Evangeline ::

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Evan's Weaning Stage

It has been almost a month since my last post..Sad to say, I dun really have the time to update on her weaning to solid process. It was fun, enduring, heartaching period but I treasure every moment with Evan and her enjoyment in Food!

18 May to 16 June 2009

This is a summary of her progress during this one month. I am proud to say that she has no allergy reaction to the food she has eaten. Of course, she does have certain preference over others but thankfully, she eats almost everything. She loved Nestle Rice Cereal from the start and I progressed to Brown Rice Cereal and introduced fruits and vegetables. As a SAHM, the ability to make homemade puree is a priviledge to me. Nevertheless, the only time I gave her organic jarred fruit and vege puree was when we are out in town and I was not able to bring my homemade puree for her. The brand that I bought is Healthy Times. This is what I have made for her sometimes with the help of my mother-in-law and we truly enjoy making a mess in the kitchen with our blender, steamer and lots of fun storing them in 1 oz and 2 oz cubes.

The first two weeks from 20 May to 30 May, these are the homemade puree we produced out of the Lee factory. I will put up the recipe in the later posts. Spinach, Apple, Pear, Butternut Squash, Jap Sweet Potato, Banana, Carrot, Rock Melon, Avocado, Plum and Papaya. She rejected the pureed Spinach and the tangy Plum put her off. Avocado is still waiting for its turn.











However, there were few hiccups during her transition from Stage one Enfalac milk powder to Stage 2 EnfaPro. Yucks, if I am a baby, I will hate Enfapro too as it taste horrible. Thus, it did affect Evan in a certain way as she immediately went on rice cereal strike. She refused to eat the rice cereal as I have added the milk into it and worse, she refused to drink the EnfaPro and mind you, she is super clever to be able to differentiate which is which. There is not way to trick her. So I have to forgo the rice cereal, repeat and start all over again for the transition process. It was tough. At least, I thank God that she still eats the Brown rice cereal as it itself comes with milk. *Cross Fingers* For the past two weeks, I have successfully weaned her off from Stage 1 Enfalac. Phew! But this whole one month, due to this, she has not gain a single weight and lost a few grams instead. *Heart Sank*
Well, have to buck up now..so today while journalling this post down, vegetable stock is being cooked and I will portion the stock into a few bags and freeze them to make porridge the next few days. Tomorrow, will proceed to making chicken and porkribs stock. I hope she will like the porridge and I will re introduce the spinach in her porridge. Evan, Pls eat the spinach ok! It's good in Iron and be strong like Popeye!

To be continued.............

1 comment:

Ednique said...

hi u have a great blog! may i know where u but the cute storage cubes frm?