: Wedding Anniversary :

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

:: Our Precious Evangeline ::

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Nesting Instinct

Talk about getting ready for Evangeline's arrival, I am suffering from a nesting instinct syndrome. Sounds wierd but I learnt about this from a pregnancy book and couldn't believe that all these while, I am displaying signs of such syndrome. Even hubby agreed after reading the book.

It is actually the uncontrollable urge to ready the nest before delivery. For some mothers, they will all of a sudden find it important to clean every corner of the house, cabinets, rearranging furnitures and items in the house. For others, the behaviour can be dramatic like cleaning every crevice of the nursery with toothbrush, rearranging the contents of the kitchen cabinets, ironing and washing everything that isn't tied down or being worn and refolding baby clothes for hours on end.

Trust me, I am doing most of what was said above. Readying the nest is what I have been doing and Hubby is finding it worrisone as he would tell me to rest and I would ignore his concern. After which I would complain to him how tired I am but I still find it satisfying and rewarding when the place is clean and neat and ready for Evangeline to use. Okie, just treat it as house cleaning for the coming New Year!

So have I finished my nesting instinct assignment? Nope...still cleaning here and there, packing here and there but lesser now as my energy is depleting as the day passes. My big tummy, weariness and back pain have been obstructing me from doing work. With frequent Braxton Hicks acting up, I have a strong feeling that I will be popping my baby soon. Still, hospital bag, things to bring over to my Mum's place for confinement are not packed yet. I better get it done soon, if not, I will not have a peace of mind.

Can't wait to carry and play with Evangeline in my arms. Hubby couldn't wait too to caress and hug his precious daughter. So Evangeline, be good, stay healthy till week 37 and after Daddy's exams before you pop into this world k!

Current Mood: Sleepy and Exhausted

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahha.. i had abit of that during my last week before giving birth. I cleaned most of the dusty area in my room, i even washed the standing fan!! maybe too boring at home.. kekeke..
jia you! take care too.. u and ur baby and ur hubby... ;)